22 April 2011

Peanut butter beer sauce

So that title was probably says enough for most people. Either you want this stuff right now, or you think I have no taste in food. Honestly, it is probably both. But I've been playing around recently with making sauces/glazes/etc for my cooking, and I think I came up with something good last night. You can be the judge. The sauce doesn't look that appetizing below; maybe because its on bok choy and quinoa? Maybe because it was taken on a cell phone camera at night? It was all I had and I just wanted to cram some food and play Portal 2. I'm a simple man.
I've learned a lesson from some past bread baking experiments: you can substitute beer in for water. It makes things good. I think they did a study where groups had {water, beer, gatorade} after exercise, and beer helped recovery the most. So science agrees with me too, good ole science. Can't be doubted - they proved it in a study I may vaguely remember! Anyway, sauce:
_______________o_______________
Peanut butter beer sauce
Makes enough sauce for one dish for one person.
  • 1/3 cup beer (I used a Bock; you should, likewise, use something with a strong flavor)
  • 1 tbsp red miso paste
  • ~1 tbsp peanut butter
  • splash of white wine vinegar
  • squeeze of honey
I think the rest is obvious; just make sure that when you start the flambee, you don't let the dutch oven get too hot. Otherwise, should be a piece of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment